Victim / Witness Assistance Program
The office is currently staffed at 20 hours per week and is likely to increase as the number of services provided to victims of crime increase.
Contact Us If
Call the Victim/Witness Program if:
- You need to verify your court date, or need follow-up information regarding the status of your case.
- You would like an explanation of court procedures.
- You would like to have assistance while preparing your Victim Impact Statement.
- You have questions about your role as a witness.
- You have questions about the Criminal Injuries Fund and need assistance with preparing your application, or you have questions regarding your ongoing claim.
- You need employer intercession services.
- You would like a tour of the courtroom prior to attending court.
- You have received threats from the offender or anyone else.
- You wish to be notified of a convicted offender's release.
- You move or change your home and/or work phone numbers.
- You need a referral to agencies that provide emergency, psychological, medical and/or financial assistance to crime victims.
- Your personal property is being held as evidence and you want to know when you can recover it.
- Your are not receiving restitution payments that were ordered by the court.
- You would like for someone to escort you to court and provide emotional support.
- You need assistance with obtaining reimbursement for travel expenses relating to court appearances if you are an out-of-town victim and/or witness.
Victim / Witness Director
Email Bonnie Harver
Victim / Witness Assistance
Physical Address View Map
9127 Washington Street
Amelia, VA 23002
P.O. Box 437
Amelia, VA 23002
Phone: : 804-561-1599
Fax: : 804-561-1599
Monday and Tuesday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
8 am to noon