- Board of Supervisors
- Agendas and Minutes
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas and Approved Minutes
- Agenda October 19 2022
- Agenda November 2022
- Agenda December 2022
- Agenda January 18, 2023
- February 7, 2023 Agenda-January Continued Meeting
- Agenda February 15, 2023
- Agenda March 15, 2023
- Amelia County Budget Workshop 1 3/21/23
- Amelia County Budget Workshop 2 3/22/23
- Amelia County Budget Workshop 3 3/28/2023
All meetings of the Board of Supervisors (except for closed sessions) are open to the public. The Amelia County government encourages citizen participation in meetings.
Public Comment Period
We encourage and welcome citizens who wish to make comments on the portion of the Board’s agenda known as Citizen Comment Period on Unscheduled Matters to submit comments via firstname.lastname@example.org. The Public Comment Email will be closed at 5 p.m. on the day prior to the scheduled Board meeting in order to prepare comments for the Board to see in a timely manner, prior to the Board meeting. Public comments sent via email may be read aloud during the meeting by the Board of Supervisor of your district or answered prior to the regular meeting.
Citizens without internet access may call in comments by leaving a message at 804-561-3039. Once the agenda is posted, citizens can view the public hearing agenda items and all attachments before submitting a comment via email@example.com.
USB drives are no longer accepted by staff or Board members while a meeting is being conducted. Such information can be sent electronically to the Clerk to the Board prior to the meeting, and it will be distributed to Board members before the meeting. Please contact Taylor Harvie (Clerk of the Board/County Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Gunn at email@example.com or call 804-561-3039 for further information or if you have questions.
Public Comment Period
- Anyone wishing to speak at a Board of Supervisors meeting is encouraged, whenever practicable, to provide the County Administrator with a written summary of their comments prior to their appearance before the Board of Supervisors
- If the speaker cannot provide such written comments prior to the Board Meeting, they are encouraged to provide a written summary before or after their presentation to the Board, whenever practicable
- All speakers must give their name and address or sign in to speak.
- All comments must be made at the podium or as directed by the Chairman.
- For the public record before you speak, clearly state your name and address.
- Please limit speaking time to a maximum of three minutes, unless otherwise directed by the Chairman.
- Please direct all comments and/or questions to the chairman of the Board, unless otherwise directed.
- Speakers may speak once during a specific hearing unless otherwise directed by the Chairman of the Board
- Please be respectful of speakers at all times and allow all opinions to be expressed in a tolerant and calm atmosphere.
- Speakers may be answered in the Board Comment Period or by staff at a later date.
Watch Board of Supervisors Meetings
- Live streamed and archived.
- Watch live on Amelia County Board of Supervisors Meetings - YouTube