TIME AND PLACE OF MEETINGS
Regular meetings of the Board of Supervisors are held in the Amelia County High School on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Workshops are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.in the Amelia County Administration Building Conference Room. All meetings of the Board of Supervisors (except for closed sessions) are open to the public.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
- Anyone wishing to speak at a Board of Supervisors meeting is encouraged, whenever practicable, to provide the County Administrator with a written summary of their comments prior to their appearance before the Board of Supervisors.
- If the speaker cannot provide such written comments prior to the Board Meeting, he/she is encouraged to provide a written summary before or after their presentation/comments to the Board, whenever practicable.
- All speakers must give their name and address or sign in to speak.
- All comments must be made at the podium or as directed by the Chairman.
- For the Public record before you speak, clearly state your name and address.
- Please limit speaking time to a maximum of three (3) minutes, unless otherwise directed by the Chairman.
- Please direct all comments and/or questions to the chairman of the Board, unless otherwise directed.
- Speakers may speak once during a specific hearing unless otherwise directed by the Chairman of the Board.
- Please be respectful of speakers at all times and allow all opinions to be expressed in a tolerant and calm atmosphere
- Speakers may be answered in the Board Comment Period or by Staff at a later date.